Latest News from the Premier League
- Aston Villa midfielder Steve Sidwell looks set to join West Ham United in the January transfer window. The former Reading and Chelsea midfielder is in negotiations with the Hammers over a move, despite having been suffering with an achilles injury that has limited him to just three starts this season.
- Chelsea’s hopes of signing Anderlecht sensation Romelu Lukaku in January have been dealt a blow. The 17 year old striker will announce on Thursday that he will be staying at the Constant Vanden Stock until at least the end of the season.
- Newcastle United are believed to be prepared to allow controversial midfielder Joey Barton to leave St. James’ Park for as little as £1.5m in January despite being a key player since their Premier League return – However, striker Andy Carroll is going nowhere according to new boss Alan Pardew.
- Wolverhampton Wanderers injury-hit winger Michael Kightlyhas undergone another knee operation. Kightly hasn’t been seen in aWolves shirt in over a year and will be out for at least another three months.
- And Finally, Christian Nerlinger, the Bayern Munich Sporting Director, was at Eastlands last night keeping an eye on Everton’s left-back Leighton Baines as he scored in Everton’s 2-1 win over Manchester City.Can’t help but think Nerlinger will have been impressed.